Saturday, January 31, 2009

Opposites

So I decided I should probably explain more of what's going on with our blog. And especially what opposite means with us.

We decided to make this blog for fun but we have never done anything like this before so it's taking us a little bit to figure out how to do some things. So first of all we're gonna need your patience, a lot of what we do will probably seem juvenile but hopefully it will get more creative as we figure it out.

As for what makes Bethanie and me so opposite, maybe it would be easier to give you some examples. While making this blog and trying to decide what to do Bethanie would suggest something and I would say, "Are you serious, that doesn't even look good" And when trying to choose a title I came up with a lot of different things but Bethanie was sticking to her guns, wanting other titles. Eliminating the Differences was one we both mostly agreed on.


People would probably get a kick out of going to the store with us. We wander around and if Bethanie saw something big, gaudy, or weird she gets excited. "Oh my goodness! Look Mel isn't that just awesome or cute!" And I would give her a look plainly telling her she has no taste in that kind of stuff. Or when looking at earrings I would say, "Aren't those beautiful!" And Bethanie would reply, "They're nice, but they're really small." Which I would quickly retort that they are not!


Bethanie described it once as she is more "Bling Bling, look at me" and that I'm more "Reserved, elegant". Haha whatever that means :) Which works in our taste in music as well. Bethanie is more head banging, rock music type. Whereas, I like uplifting, more inspirational music. Bethanie blasts three day's grace or Linkin Park and I sit there and tell her Linkin Park is to angry with too much screaming. Right now she is getting angry at me for writing that it is screaming!


The point is that no matter how much we disagree at the store it doesn't stop us from asking each other to go with us. Or that no matter what music we like I still go into her room just to be with her. And no matter what we like to wear we still ask for opinions and try to lift each other up. I LOVE spending time with my sister! For all our differences we get along like the best of friends.

1 comment:

GG said...

That's how Jenn and I were growing up...She was more about the bling bling and I was much more reserved! Isn't it great to have a best friend that can't run away?? Although I must admit..Jenn and I didn't get close until we didn't live under the same roof so you guys are one step ahead of us! hehehe